Vanguard Renewables is the premier anaerobic digester developer/owner/operator in the United States. Our closed-loop anaerobic digestion process converts organic waste into green electricity or renewable natural gas as well as other related “value-added” products. We are headquartered in MA, funded by institutional capital partners, and currently, have projects operating and in development in 13 states. We have a plan to aggressively expand into other domestic markets.
The Organics Account Manager is responsible for supporting the Organic Solutions Sales Team with processes and procedures that support the acquisition of new organic material revenue streams. You are a “hunter” and thrive in a competitive environment where you are tasked to build new business opportunities. Entrepreneurial, you will source new pipelines of organic waste material to feed the digesters. You will be assigned a territory and a prospect roadmap to set you up for success. You must be an effective communicator, meticulous in your craft, and highly detailed, and enjoy developing strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. Consistent communications and quality customer service are imperative to developing long-term relationships with new partners.
- The acquisition of new clients in your assigned territory
- Document sales activities and general account management in Salesforce (CRM) and update existing records when new market information is collected
- Utilize prospecting sales tools such as LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, social media, etc. to efficiently push company information into our Salesforce CRM platform
- Assist with the development of pricing proposals and creating quotes for sending to key stakeholders and new prospects
- Field inbound calls to help service current and prospective customers
- Utilize your expertise as a sales hunter to collect market intel, schedule appointments, and successfully close medium to large complex contracts
- Utilize strategic pricing tools to work with prospects with changing service needs
- Utilize Adobe Sign to collect signatures from new customers and create new Supply Agreements
- Assist with developing new sales campaigns and cadences to reach new prospects and generate new leads for your territory
- Assist Sales and Marketing Teams with developing customer retention and customer appreciation program; creating a Sustainability Report Card and other external communications to highlight the contribution of our food waste generator partners in creating renewable energy on local dairy farms
- Have a passion for sustainability and proven success at selling at all organizational levels with various interests and stakeholders
- 1-3 years of experience in territory sales/management, data-driven marketing, or market analysis
- Prefer candidates with recent sustainability, recycling, or organics/food-based industry sales experience but not necessary
- Proven ability to source prospects and determine the optimum path to the sales process with the desired “close” outcome
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Google Suite
- Salesforce experience preferred
Vanguard Renewables is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Vanguard has a vaccine mandate in place for all employees and an Offer of Employment is conditional based on your ability to provide written documentation that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID.