The Farm Powered Strategic Alliance is a collaborative group of leading national and regional brands focused on advancing sustainability. In 2020, Vanguard Renewables, Unilever, Starbucks, and Dairy Farmers of America founded the Alliance to boost food waste reduction and recycling, expand renewable energy production across America, and support generational farms and regenerative agriculture practices.
Members share sustainability best practices and build personal connections through virtual meetings and in-person events, collaborating on ideas and solutions to mitigate climate change.
Food and Beverage Waste
Food industry members commit to reduce food and beverage waste and to repurpose inedible food waste that cannot be further reduced into renewable energy via a farm-based anaerobic digester. Vanguard Renewables also works with Alliance members’ suppliers to recycle their food waste.
Members are committed to the advancement of renewable energy and have the potential to procure renewable natural gas produced by our farm-based anaerobic digesters.
- Participate in collaboration of sustainability leaders who meet bi-monthly and in person annually to share ideas and network
- Opens access to FPSA Toolkit, which includes carbon reduction calculators and sustainability educational materials
- Provides brand elevation opportunity that is appealing to consumers, investors, and stakeholders
- Vanguard Renewables will assess servicing company locations with digester projects
- Membership is free at this time
National Tier Membership Parameters:
- Sign mutual Non-Disclosure Agreement and non-binding Memorandum of Intent
- Commit to Circularity: recycle organic waste (as commercially feasible) and commit to exploring renewable energy opportunity
- Share proof of bona fide sustainability platform
- Operate multi-state locations