Our manure-only Texas projects, in partnership with Dominion Energy, are located in Northern Texas and are in varying stages of construction and commissioning.
- Facilities reaching operations through 2025
- Annual digester input: more than 2.4 million tons of manure per year once fully operational
- Annual climate benefit: comparable to taking more than 90,000 cars off the road or planting 7 million new trees each year once fully operational
Our manure-only Texas projects turn dairy manure into renewable natural gas that is injected into the pipeline for use by Dominion Energy. Since 2019, Vanguard Renewables and Dominion Energy have embarked on a strategic partnership to make the benefits of anaerobic digestion available to farms across America and deliver clean, renewable energy to millions of U.S. consumers. The partnership has a proven track record and is the largest waste to renewable energy program of its kind in the U.S. with 10+ projects, 50+ digester tanks in construction or commissioning, and a substantial pipeline.
Farm Powered anaerobic digestion provides our farm partners with a long-term manure and nutrient management plan and greenhouse gas emissions mitigation. Once fully operational, our Texas projects will process more than 2.4 million tons per year of dairy manure, providing our farm partners with animal bedding and low-carbon fertilizer for their crops.
Farm Benefits at a Glance
- Income diversification via annual lease payment for land use
- Liquid, low-carbon fertilizer to increase crop yields and reduce chemical fertilizer use
- Separated solids for animal bedding
- Reduced GHG emissions